Riyoh Import and Export PLC is an Ethiopian based Exporter and Supplier of Oil Seeds, Pulses, beans, Sesame and Spices. We have the legacy of supplying the best products which are capable of adding taste and flavor to any food item. The company is continuously progressing and achieving new heights under the leadership, qualified staffs and utilization of the latest office arrangement and system throughout its exporting processes.
Founded in 2009 under the name of Jomes Trading PLC, the business started with a clear goal of providing quality import products at competitive prices. The business has grown to include fast moving consumable items, Used Trucks, Used passenger vehicles, Motorcycles and heavy duty truck spare parts mainly for IVECO Trucks from Europe and our reputation has developed unquestionably.
We rely on our wealth of experience and skills acquired over the years for our operations in Ethiopia. Our merger program and ultimate creation of the new Company – RIYOH IMPORT AND EXPORT PLC has created a lot more confidence in our clients and suppliers who now see us as a stronger and more competent trader. Our core team consists of professional workers who have sufficient experience in all areas. We believe in hiring and keeping talented people for their long-term potential, giving them the responsibility and authority to be effective team players. Having full support of the Company, our employees consistently produce top quality work that exceeds clients’ expectations and promotes future projects and opportunities.
Our Human Resources Department has the professional capability of recruiting high quality personnel both directly or through reputable agencies.
The new Company therefore is a product duly supported by stake holders desiring to positively impact the export sector in Ethiopia.
Description Of Company’s Structure
1. The Managing Director: The Managing Director shall have full authority and responsibility to plan, organize, coordinate, control and lead the overall administrative, financial and operational activities of the company. The Managing Director shall also be responsible to formulate company’s policies, strategic business plan, systems, procedures, and lead the overall business processes and ensure implementation of the same. The Director is responsible to ensuring that the organizational culture and working environment in the office is conducive to bring about positive changes or results. Managing Director shall be responsible for identifying and implementing sound, profitable business strategies and best practices.
2. Deputy Managing Director: The Deputy Managing Director in consultation with Managing Director shall have full authority and responsibility to plan, organize, coordinate, control and lead the overall administrative, financial and operational activities of the company. The Deputy Managing Director shall also participate in the processes of formulating company’s policies, strategic business plan, systems, procedures and lead the overall business processes and ensure implementation of the same jointly with the Managing Director. Furthermore, the Deputy Managing Director shall have responsibility of promoting business profitability, monitoring performances and effective utilization of resources.
3. Import Division: This division is a sister company by the name JOMES TRADING PLC established by the same shareholders in 2009 having its office based in Addis Ababa, and is responsible starting from finding a supplier abroad to selling to customers here in Ethiopia. The import division is engaged in importing fast moving consumable items, Used Trucks, Used passenger vehicles, Motorcycles and heavy truck spare parts mainly for IVECO Trucks from Europe. The division has its own subdivisions to manage, plan, organize, and coordinate buying and selling processes and implement strategically effective and relevant transport methods, which meet optimally the needs of company’s suppliers and customers. The division also develops marketing policies, strategies and procedures to enhance the sales, promotion and public relations activities.
4. Oilseeds and Pulses Products (OPS) Division: Thedivision is responsible to plan, organize, and coordinate OPS buying and selling processes and implement strategically effective and relevant transport methods, which to meet buyer’s satisfaction. The division is also expected to do marketing policies, strategies and procedures to enhance the sales, market research and public relations activities, Negotiates contracts with foreign sales. Undertakes market research and advises the management to adjust sales expectations. The manger also communicates with concerned domestic authorities, customers and suppliers in all relevant countries as necessary to ensure efficient and lawful relations and activities.
5. Finance Division: The division is responsible to plan, organize, and coordinate within the powers delegated to him/her regarding the financial operations of the company. The Division also develops/reviews the formulation of financial policy of the company. In addition, the division advises the Directors regarding Return on Asset (ROA) and financial status of the company regularly. Furthermore, the division is responsible to prepares and presents budget proposals and advises on general financial issues including effective utilization of available cash and financing of capital expenditure. In addition, the Division is also responsible to managing exposure to financial risks, interest rate and foreign exchange and working for the proper annual accounts closing of all the company’s financial operations.
We are selected by the clients due to the following reasons:
Our state of the art infrastructure is equipped with all the latest and high tech facilities which help us in keeping pace with the time using the most modern cleaning machines. We maintain large warehouse to store bulk products in order to meet large orders or orders which are to be delivered in a short period of time. Our latest packaging techniques help us in safely storing, transporting and protecting the products from any external pressure or load.
We have always believed in the quality of products. As an exporter of edible products we understand our responsibility of supplying products that touch high quality standards and are good for health or for any other use. For this purpose all products pass through several quality checks and an advanced quality management system is followed throughout the stages of cleaning and marketing.
At Riyoh Import and Export, we believe that satisfaction of customers is our key to success. Our personal contacts with the Buyers and their Agents have helped us to ensure smooth business transactions. Moreover, we ensure to personally visit the clients to ensure that healthy, long-term business relations are maintained. By maintaining consistency in the quality, which we offer, we have reached the peak of client satisfaction.
We will have to be duty-conscious to upgrade and develop our business operations systematically and will be of unmeasurable assets for our company and as well as for our country. So, our VISION is “to drastically increase our export market” according to the frame work of the policies, rules and regulations. We do believe that the success is not only for the company but also for the nation with reasonable proﬁt for the development of economy. For these reasons, we are looking for excellent business relations which will boost market presence in parts of Middle East, India, Europe and the USA.